Kategorienarchiv: Wall Plaques

522 Specialist Team Royal Engineers

 
522_STRE
 
522 Specialist Team Royal Engineers
 
wurde in Willich gegründet und war dort in der Nähe der deutsch / niederländischen Grenze, in der Mitte des Dreiecks von Mönchengladbach, Düsseldorf und Krefeld von 1972 – 1992 stationiert!
 
Diese Einheit wurde gegründet als Teil der 40 Army Engineer Support Group – eine bunt gemischte Truppe, bestehend aus HQ, 21 Engr Base-Workshop, 62 Corps Support Workshop ( REME ), 303 Engr Park, 306 Pl Park, Inspectorate of Engineer Resources(IER)

Die Aufgabe der 522 STRE war wie ein Planungsbüro der Rheinarmee für Bautechnik zu verstehen!
 
Das Team von qualifizierten Ingenieuren, Garrison Ingenieure, Bauleiter, Zeichner, Vermessungsingenieure, Ressourcen und MT arbeitete eng mit dem Mobile Civilian Artisan Gruppen ( MCAGs ), deren Handwerker bestanden größtenteils aus polnischen und deutschen Staatsangehörigen.
 
Im Jahr 1992 kam die 522 STRE unter administrative Kontrolle des 28 Engineer Regiments und wurde darum auch nach Hameln verlegt! Zuerst war es in den Bindon Barracks (Scharnhorst Kaserne) stationiert. Nach eine weitere Reformation im Jahr 1998 wurden diese Einheit von den Bindon Barracks in die Gordon Barracks verlegt, zusammen mit dem 28 Engineer Regiment!
 
Irgendwann (leider fehlen mir hier genau Daten) wurde es in die Military Works Force integriert!
 
———————————————————————————————————-
 
These following information I got from Mike Batty-Smith:
522 Specialist Team Royal Engineers (Works) was based in Willich near Mönchengladbach as part of 40 Army Engineer support group (AESG) until 1991.
It then moved to Hameln as part of 28 Engineer Regiment, based in Bindon Bks.
It’s main role was infrastructure engineering support for 1 BR Corps in BFG.
The team consisted of 2 Engineer officers (normally one Major – the OC, and one Capt 2ic) one would be a civil engineer, the other a mech or elec Engr.
There were also 2 Garrison Engineers (Capt). There was also a Team Warrant Officer (WO1/WO2) 4 Ssgt clerk of works, 1 Sgt Draughtsman, 4 draughtsmen (Arch & Mech/Elec) pl to Sapper, 4 Surveyor Engineers Cpl to Sapper, 1 Sgt Construction Materials technician, 1 Resources Cpl, 2 MT dept Lcpl/spr and finally 1 clerk. The team’s role was to recce, design and Control building works in main land europe. This might cover anything from temporary accommodation, field hospitals and prisoner of war camps to peacetime refurbishment of the military estate. ( ranges, roads, training facilities) It provided the technical expertise whilst the labour was provided by RE tradesmen, local civilian workforce or both. When Bindon bks closed (98 I think) 522 went back to the UK and became part of Military Works Force at
Chilwell Nottingham which later became Infrastructure Support Group. (170? – not sure of the number) I was posted to the team in Willich 88-90 and again in Hameln 96-98 .. hope this helps mate. Regards Mike
 
 

Church Army – Wall Plaque

 

IMG_2577History

  

The Church Army was founded in England in 1882 by the Revd Wilson Carlile (afterwards prebendary of St Paul’s Cathedral), who banded together in an orderly army of soldiers, officers and a few working men and women, whom he and others trained to act as Church of England evangelists among the outcasts and criminals of the Westminster slums. As a curate in the parish of St Mary Abbott, Kensington, Carlile had experimented with unorthodox forms of Christian meetings and witness, going to where coachmen, valets and others would take their evening stroll and holding open air services, persuading onlookers to say the Scripture readings, and training working people to preach. Previous experience had convinced Carlile that the moral condition of the lowest classes of the people called for new and aggressive action on the part of the Christian Church and that this work was most effectively done by lay people of the same class as those whom it was desired to reach. This was at a time when similar groups were appearing – the Revd Evan Hopkins was organising a ‘Church Gospel Army’ and other clergy had established a „Church Salvation Army“ at Oxford and a „Church Mission Army“ at Bristol. Carlile suggested a combined „Church Army“.

As the work grew, a training institution for evangelists was started in Oxford with F S Webster as Principal, but soon moved (1886) to London, where, in Bryanston Street near Marble Arch, the headquarters of the army was established. Marie Carlile, Wilson Carlile’s sister, was a frail woman who left a life of elegance for the tough, austere life of training women in 1888, followed by the first „Recue Shelter“ for women in 1891, and continued in the mission for fifty years.

William Booth had already seen the extreme poverty and need for unorthodox evangelism work, and since 1865 had been developing a similar mission (in 1887 given the name Salvation Army), using similar „Christian soldier“ metaphors, also in London slums. Church of England bishops approached Booth about the time the Church Army was founded to join in their work in the slums, but he declined. Both the Church Army and the Salvation Army continued to work in the most dreadful slums; both had some difficulty with their parent churches (Church of England and Methodist) being able to cope with those coming out of the slums as a result of the mission work, and realised the need for alcohol-free refuges.

During the First World War, the Church Army was very active among the troops in France, and ran around 2000 social clubs across France.

In 1965 the headquarters moved to Vanburgh Park in Blackheath, London, to a new chapel and college designed by E.T. Spashett ARIBA, opened by Princess Alexandra and consecrated by Michael Ramsey.

In 1978, Church Army purchased Winchester House, a former missionary school (see Eltham College) in Blackheath, south-east London, to be refurbished as its new headquarters. It was officially opened by the Queen Mother on 12 June 1980. In 1992, the Church Army vacated the Vanbrugh Park college buildings and the college was relocated to Sheffield; the buildings were taken over by Blackheath High School.

The Church Army is now a member of the National Council for Voluntary Youth Services (NCVYS) by virtue of its work towards the personal and social development of young people.

73 Amphibious Engineer Squadron – Wall Plaque

73-Amph-Engr-Sqn

Thanks to Keith Skelton!

28 Amphibious Engineer Regiment – Wall Plaque

28-AMPH-ENGR-REGT-001

64 Amphibious Engineer Squadron – Wall Plaque

64-Amphibious-Engineer-Squa

65 Corps Support Squadron WkSp REME – Wall Plaque

65CorpsSupport-Sqn-WKSP-REM

65 Corps Support Squadron – Wall Plaque

65CorpsSupport-Sqn-001

35 Engr Regt – WkSp – Wall Plaque

35-Engineer-Regiment-WkSp

71 Amph Engr Sp Sqn – Wall Plaque

71-AMPH-ENGR-SP-SQN-001

28 Amph Engr Regt – 65 CSS – Cpl’s Mess – Wall Plaque

28-AMPH-ENGR-REGT-65CSS-Cpl

28 Amph Engr Regt – RHQ Troop – Wall Plaque

23-Amph-ENGR-RHQ

35 Engr Regt – WkSp REME – Wall Plaque

35-Engineer-Regiment-WkSp-R

Hameln Detachment – Royal Military Police – Wall Plaque

HM-Detachment-RMP

35 Engineer Regiment RHQ Troop – Wall Plaque

35-Engineer-Regiment-RHQ-TR

35 Engineer Regiment – Wall Plaque

35-Engineer-Regiment

Ältere Beiträge «

error: Content is protected !!
%d Bloggern gefällt das: