«

»

1949/12/01 – CINEMA PROGRAM – Kino Programm

© Steve White & Arnd Wöbbeking

April 1945,  the Americans marched into Hameln, a short time later the British forces took control. Many houses were confiscated, so also the cinema „Schauburg“ on the Deisterstrasse. But it did not lose its destination, because the British Army also used as a cinema for the soldiers who were stationed in Hameln. The owners were the Arthur-Ludwig-Theaterbetriebe from Berlin.

From 1945 to 1956 it served as a Army Cinema with 653 seats. It’s incredible, but I’ve actually got a copy of a Cinema Program from England. The Programm isn’t dated but Stve wrote it is from December 1949. The next programm in his collection is dated from 1950. AKC stands for Army Kinema Corporation and was the operating company at the time. When there were more cinemas, the AKC and the RAFCC (RAF Cinema Corporation) were put together, and they were both under the administration of ENSA. AKC was administrated by the Ministry of War in Londen, but the headquarters were stationed in Minden.

In 1965, AKC and RAFCC operated under SKC (Services Kinema Corporation) and later in 1985 they became SSVC (Services Sound and Vision Corporation) The Flix cinema in Hameln on the Gordon Barracks was also under the direction of SSVC.

Thanks to Steve White for the program. Steve, who is also an outstanding photographer, was from 1982 to 1984 in Hameln and worked at the 28 Amphibious Engineer Regiment REME WkSp and lived in Bindon Barracks. During his service in Hameln, he worked as a technical photographer and was a film operator at the Globe Cinema, which later became the Flix. Therefore also his particular interest in the Story of Forces Cinemas.

1945 marschierten die Amerikaner in Hameln ein, kurze Zeit später übernahmen die britischen Streitkräfte die Kontrolle. Viele Häuser wurden beschlagnahmt, so auch das Kino „Schauburg“ auf der Deisterstraße. Aber es verlor nicht seine Bestimmung, den die British Army verwendete es ebenfalls als Kino für Ihre Soldaten die in Hameln stationiert gewesen sind. Der Besitzer waren die Arthur-Ludwig-Theaterbetriebe aus Berlin.

Von 1945 bis 1956 diente es als Truppenkino mit 653 Plätzen. Es ist unglaublich aber ich habe aus England tatsächlich ein Kinoprogramm vom Dezember 1949 als Kopie erhalten. AKC steht für Army Kinema Corporation und war die Betreibergesellschaft zu der Zeit. Als es mehr Kinos wurden, legte man die AKC und die RAFCC (RAF Cinema Corporation) zusammen bzw es standen beide unter der Verwaltung von ENSA. AKC wurde geleitet vom Kriegsministerium in Londen, das Hauptquartier aber war in Minden stationiert.

Ab 1965 operierten AKC und RAFCC unter SKC (Services Kinema Corporation) und ab 1982 wurde daraus SSVC (Services Sound and Vision Corporation).

Auch das Flix-Kino in Hameln auf dem Gelände der Gordon Barracks stand unter der Leitung von SSVC. 

Herzlichen Dank an Steve White für das Programm. Steve, der auch ein hervorragender Fotograf ist war von 1982 bis 1984 in Hameln und arbeitete bei dem 28 Amphibious Engineer Regiment REME WkSp und lebte in den Bindon Barracks. Währrend seines Dienstes in Hameln, arbeitete er als Techinscher Fotograf und war Filmvorführer im Globe Cinema, was später das Flix wurde. Daher auch sein besonders Interesse an diesen Kinoprogrammen.

1949_12_01-ark-kino-programm-hameln-schauburg-001-kopie

1949_12_01-ark-kino-programm-hameln-schauburg-002-kopie

Some more about British Forces Cinemas in Hameln you will find out here and be sure, will come more soon:

KLICK — >>> CINEMAS / KINOS <<< — KLICK

Über den Autor

Arnd Wöbbeking

Technischer Angesteller, Fotografie, EDV

Schreibe einen Kommentar

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert.

error: Content is protected !!
%d Bloggern gefällt das: